First of all Congratulations on your engagement. Now let us help you with your planning. Our free wedding planning checklist will help you manage your time and to-do list through the next 12+ months!
- Choose your wedding date. Also up to two more alternate dates, just incase.
- Choose the people for your wedding party.
- Discuss your wedding style and wedding color scheme.
- Get your engagement ring insured and consider purchasing wedding insurance.
- Research ceremony and reception venue options.
- Discuss wedding budget and decide who is responsible/contributing to what.
- Create a wedding website.
- Explore some wedding pros like: photographer, videographer, florist, musicians and of course a caterer!
- Visit a bridal shop for your wedding dress or browse wedding dress styles online.
- Get your engagement photo taken which you can use for your save-the-date cards.
- Start compiling your guest list.
- Order your Save the Date Cards. MyWeddingBasics will print your save the date card fast, within 3 – 5 days!
10 – 11 Months
- Choose the bridal party attire and accessories.
- Hire your photographer, caterer, music DJ and florist.
- Book the officiant.
- Reserve the ceremony and reception venues.
- Choose your menu, attend the food tastings.
- Purchase your wedding gown and veil.
- Mail your Save the Dates.
- Refine your guest list.
- Find 2 or 3 hotels for your out of town guests. Try getting different price points to accommodate your guests.
- Create your Bridal Registry at your favorite retailers.
- Look for your wedding invitations, respond cards, thank you notes, menu cards, wedding programs and wedding favors. At MyWeddingBasics you can shop by color or by design and create your own
- Begin planning your honeymoon.
6 – 7 Months
- Reserve any rental items, such as chairs, lighting, linens and decorations.
- Meet with officiant to discuss your ceremony plans.
- Choose your cake style and schedule cake tastings.
- Decide on the groomsmen attire.
- Book transportation to and from the ceremony and reception.
- Select the wedding bands.
- Order your wedding invitations and corresponding responds, reception and thank you cards. At MyWeddingBasics we will print your invitation order fast, within 5 business days!
4 – 5 Months
- Book honeymoon flights and hotel.
- Order wedding cake.
- Schedule your dress fitting as well as the bridal party.
- Choose the flowers for the wedding party, parents and grandparents.
- Book your room for the wedding night.
- Plan your music play list for the DJ/Band.
- Finalize the wedding guest list.
- Book the wedding rehearsal dinner venue.
- Finalize the rehearsal dinner guest list.
- Order the Rehearsal Dinner Invitations. At MyWeddingBasics, you can create your rehearsal dinner invitations in any style and color you choose!
- Plan the ceremony and reception guest seating.
- Decide on hair and makeup with your stylist.
- Finalize the honeymoon plans.
- Finalize wedding reception menu.
- Purchase the ceremony and reception candles, toasting glasses, guest book, serving pieces, flower basket and ring bearer pillow.
- Order Wedding Favors, Personalized Wedding Napkins and Wedding Gift Bags, your out of town guests.
- Purchase your Bridal Shower invitations and personalized Bridal Shower Napkins. At MyWeddingBasics your invitations and bridal shower napkins will be printed fast, within 3 -5 business days!
- Mail Wedding Invitations.
- Review ceremony details with officiant.
- Apply for marriage license.
- Write your wedding vows.
- Organize your RSVP’s.
- Finalize table seating arrangements.
- Finalize playlists with DJ/Musician.
- Finalize wedding party fittings.
- Layout the content for your Wedding Programs.
- Decide on “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
- Make appointments for spa and beauty treatments for you and bridal party.
- Purchase gifts for attendants.
- Book wedding day transportation.
1 Month (Don’t Panic!)
- Confirm Honeymoon reservations.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Pick up marriage license.
- Call all vendors to confirm that everything is on schedule.
- Order your Wedding Programs.
- Final wedding dress fitting with shoes.
- Write thank you notes for gifts already received.
2 – 3 Weeks
- Update your gift registries.
- Get final haircut and color.
- Follow up with guests who have not sent in their RSVP.
- Give the final guest count to the caterer.
- Delegate the wedding day duties such as gift table and guestbook.
- Organize final payments to vendors, officiant and cash tips for venue personnel and limousine driver.
- Discuss your image and video requests with photographer/videographer.
- Get your spa treatments for you and the bridal party.
- Prepare the wedding day survival/emergency kit.
- Lay out wedding clothes.
24 Hours Before the Big Day!
- Deliver the Wedding Welcome Gift Bags to the hotel for your out of town guests.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Relax, relax, relax.
- Attend the wedding rehearsal dinner.
- Unwind early and get plenty of sleep.
Your Wedding Day!
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Relax and make sure to eat a good breakfast.
- Give the wedding rings, officiant fee and tips to the best man.
- Enjoy the day, it will go by so fast!